visit the link above for more information
Information about New Age Blast Media from their website:
• Similar hardness to many slags, 6.0 on Mohs Scale
• Lighter weight than many slags, allowing for increased consumption efficiency. Contractors report using up to 40% less glass than slags or other mineral abrasives.
• Recommend to use at 90 PSI for best results and increased energy savings.
• Glass delivers very low particle embedment (less than 2%) which produces a whiter (SP-10) finish to the substrate.
• Superior rust-back performance vs. mineral/slag abrasives.
• Reduced disposal costs due to less weight and consumption.
• Approved for use on QPL under Mil-A-22262B (select product and plants only)
• 100% recycled material which is diverted directly from landfills.
• Glass is chemically non toxic and inert. Can be used near water.
• No detectable CRYSTALLINE SILICA
• No detectable Heavy or Toxic metals such as arsenic, beryllium, cadmium, etc. which are commonly found in coal-slags, copper-slags, and many mineral abrasives like garnet and staurolite.*
OSHA list of Heavy & Toxic Metals
• Our Coarse & Medium products are approved on the California Air Resource Board’s List of ABRASIVES CERTIFIED FOR DRY OUTDOOR BLASTING UNDER EXECUTIVE ORDER G-06-053
• Glass is listed on the EPA’s Comprehensive Procurement Guidelines for Blasting Grit.
• Numerous government studies in the U.S. and Europe have confirmed the environmental and work safety and effectiveness of using recycled glass abrasives.*
• NIOSH report on Evaluation of Substitute Abrasives for Silica Sand—See Page 142 of report for Key Conclusions on Industrial-Hygiene Related Issues on benefits of crushed glass.